Main Menu


Main Menu

Buildings
Public Art and Memorials
Special Design Topics

Columbus Historical Timeline






Public Art and Memorials


Bartholomew County Memorial for Veterans
Designed by Maryann Thompson and Charles Rose (1997)


“Birds of Fire” – a sculpture by Ted Sitting Crow Garner


Public Art in Columbus (part 1)


Public Art in Columbus (part 2)


Public Art in Columbus (part 3)


Transformations – a sculpture by Howard Meehan


Return to Top Level Menu






Special Design Topics


Architectural Glossary


Columbus Holiday Ornaments


Cummins Foundation Architecture Program (part 1)


Cummins Foundation Architecture Program (part 2)


Harry Weese in Columbus


J. Irwin Miller


National Historic Landmarks in Columbus


Return to Top Level Menu






Buildings


Churches
Commercial Buildings
Fire Stations
Public Buildings
Residential
Schools
Return to Top Level Menu






Churches


First Baptist Church
Designed by Harry Weese (1965)


First Christian Church
Designed by Eliel Saarinen (1942)


North Christian Church
Designed by Eero Saarinen (1964)


St. Bartholomew Roman Catholic Church
Designed by Steve Risting: Ratio Architects (2002)


St. Peter’s Lutheran Church
Designed by Gunnar Birkerts (1988)


Return to Buildings Menu
Return to Top Level Menu






Commercial Buildings


AT&T Switching Center (orginally Indiana Bell)
Designed by Paul Kennon – Caudill Rowlett Scott (1978)


Breeden Real Estate
Designed by Thomas Beeby and Gary Ainge (1995)


Cummins Health Center (COHA)
Designed by Hardy Holzman Pfeiffer Associates – HHPA (1973)


Irwin-Union Bank: Creekview Branch (now First Financial)
Designed by Deborah Berke (2007)


Irwin-Union Bank: Downtown (now First Financial)
Designed by Eero Saarinen (1954)
Addition designed by Kevin Roche (1973)


Irwin-Union Bank: Eastbrook Branch (now First Financial Bank)
Designed by Harry Weese (1961)
Addition designed by Thomas Beeby and Gary Ainge (1996)



Irwin-Union Bank (former State and Mapleton Branch)

Designed by Paul Kennon – Caudill Rowlett Scott (1974)


Irwin-Union Bank (original State Street Branch and Shopping Center)
Designed by Harry Weese (1961)


Republic Newspaper Building
Designed by Myron Goldsmith – SOM (1971)


Return to Buildings Menu
Return to Top Level Menu






Fire Stations



Fire Station #3
Designed by William Burd – Wood and Burd (1983)


Fire Station #4
Designed by Robert Venturi – Venturi and Rauch (1967)


Fire Station #5
Designed by Susanna Torre (1987)


Fire Station #6
Designed by William Rawn (1998)


Return to Buildings Menu
Return to Top Level Menu






Public Buildings


Cleo Rogers Memorial Library
Designed by I.M. Pei (1969)


Columbus City Hall
Designed by Edward Charles Bassett – SOM (1981)


Columbus Post Office
Designed by Kevin Roche and John Dinkeloo (1970)


The Commons (part 1: the “original” Commons)
Designed by Cesar Pelli – Gruen Associates (1973)


The Commons (part 2: the “new” Commons)
Designed by Koetter Kim & Associates – Steve Risting – CSO (2011)


DSI Building
Designed by Frank Adams Jr. (1980)


Hamilton Center Ice Arena
Designed by Harry Weese (1958)
Addition designed by William Koster – Koster & Associates (1975)


Mill Race Center
Designed by William Rawn (2011)


Return to Buildings Menu
Return to Top Level Menu






Residential


Miller House and Garden
Designed by Eero Saarinen, Alexander Girard and Dan Kiley (1957)


Pence Place Family Housing
Designed by Charles Gwathmey – Gwathmey Siegel & Associates (1984)


Sycamore Place Elderly Housing
Designed by Charles Gwathmey – Gwathmey Siegel & Associates (1982)


Return to Buildings Menu
Return to Top Level Menu






Schools



Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence (AMCE)

Designed by Cesar Pelli – Pelli Clarke Pelli (2011)


Clifty Creek Elementary School
Designed by Richard Meier (1982)


Columbus Learning Center
Designed by Kevin Kennon – Kohn Pederson & Fox (2005)


Fodrea Signature Academy (formerly Fodrea Elementary School)
Designed by Paul Kennon – Caudill Rowlett Scott (1973)


L. Frances Smith Elementary School
Designed by John M. Johansen (1969)
Addition designed by Christian Johansen (1997)


Lillian C. Schmitt Elementary School
Designed by Harry Weese (1957)
Addition designed by Andrea Leers and Jane Weinzapfel (1991)


Lincoln Signature Academy (formerly Lincoln Elementary School)
Designed by Gunnar Birkerts (1967)


McDowell School
Designed by John Carl Warnecke (1960)


Mt. Healthy Elementary School
Designed by Hardy Holzman Pfeiffer Associates – HHPA (1972)


Northside Middle School
Designed by Harry Weese (1961)
Addition designed by Leers Weinzapfel (1992)


Parkside Elementary School
Designed by Norman Fletcher – The Architects Collaborative (1962)
Addition designed by Norman Fletcher – The Architects Collaborative (1990)


Southside Elementary School
Designed by Eliot Noyes (1969)


W.D. Richards Elementary School
Designed by Edward Larrabe Barnes (1965)


Return to Buildings Menu
Return to Top Level Menu




Bookmark and Share
Create PDF    Send article as PDF   

Comments

Main Menu — 1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>